Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Ikelite recharger plug for DS125/160 batteries

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite recharger plug for DS125/160 batteries

9 posts
  1. I recently had an issue with one of my Ikelite rechargers for my DS161 strobe battery packs.

     

    The charger would work intermittently. Sometimes start and stop within minutes or say the battery pack is charged when it isnt. One time both the battery pack and the charger became hot to touch.

     

    I could see this becoming a problem for someone who has only one charger (lucky I have two) and especially when on a trip.

     

    I contacted my local Ikelite dealer (digital diver, Cairns) and they informed me that it is most likely the end plug of the charger which goes into the battery itself. It cost only a few dollars each and is simple to remove.

     

    This solved the problem of my charger and thought that anyone with an Ikelite charger for the Ds125/160/161 battery packs that this would be an essential spare part.

     

    Regards Mark

  2. I seem to have the same problem with both my chargers! Do you have the part number of the spare part, and could you exchange them your self?

     

    Best regards

     

    Bent C

  3. Hi Bent

     

    The Part # is 0083.75

     

    I ordered the part from my local dealer and installed them myself. The plug also has an arrow to line up with the cord. The cord has a - and + and the plug's arrow needs to line up with the -

     

    Regards Mark

  4. Hi Mark

     

    Thanks, I will try to get the parts and fix the chargers.

     

    Regards

     

    Bent C

  5. Radio Shack will also have a compatible charging tip. These connectors are pretty standard. I bought some years ago and put them on a generic $25 smart charger for my DS-125s.

     

    Hi Mark

     

    Thanks, I will try to get the parts and fix the chargers.

     

    Regards

     

    Bent C

  6. Radio Shack will also have a compatible charging tip. These connectors are pretty standard. I bought some years ago and put them on a generic $25 smart charger for my DS-125s.

     

    I would be interested in hearing more about your generic $25 smart charger

     

    Regards Mark

  7. I've moved 90% of my charging over to generic digital smart chargers. e.g. icharger or cheaper one.

     

    The chargers are great and will basically do any kind of battery including nimh, nicad, lipo (even balanced packs), lead acid, etc.. You can vary the voltage and current to what ever you want. All we do is go to jaycar and buy the generic fittings and/or holders for any batteries. You can even wire up parallel harnesses and do multiple at a time.

     

    We started down this track as I had about a dozen chargers already, and then started using balanced lipo packs for LED lighting. Now 1-2 of these little babies and I'm covered for all much charging needs except the Canon DSLR batteries. The reason I have two is for redundancy, as if you rely on one for everything and it dies you're screwed.

     

    Note though that they don't come with a power supply. You need to buy that separate (we've just been using old laptop chargers or similar as they provide the right power range).

     

    damien

  8. Very interesting stuff Damien.

     

    Wish I knew about this before I bought my second Ikelite charger for $100!

     

    Cheers Mark

  9. Glad I found this before I shelled out £90 on a new one. Ikelite just told me you couldn't get this part. Thanks!

     

    Very interesting stuff Damien.

     

    Wish I knew about this before I bought my second Ikelite charger for $100!

     

    Cheers Mark

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.