Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

7D AF not on shutter?

Started by Bent C ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

7D AF not on shutter?

6 posts
  1. I have used a 5D and a 5DM2 up till now. I have always used AF set on one of the buttons on the back of the camera with no AF on the shutter. That is an easy CF option on those cameras. Recently I bought a 7D, and I can not find the setting for this option! I have read the manual!!!! (thats a first!), read the options in the CF part of the menu, but still I can not get the AF separated from the shutter. I am quite certain that this is a stupid question, but so be it. How do I separate AF from the shutter button on 7D?

     

    Bent C

  2. Isn't there an AF button near the top LCD screen ? I'll have to check mine when I get home, but thought there was.

  3. Isn't there an AF button near the top LCD screen ? I'll have to check mine when I get home, but thought there was.

     

    Yes, there is. However, I still have AF on the shutter, which I do not want to have. I want to be able to separate AF from actually taking the picture, that is I do not want AF on the shutter. As it is now I have AF on both the AF on and on the shutter.

    I want AF only on the AF-on button.

    /Bent

  4. Yes, there is. However, I still have AF on the shutter, which I do not want to have. I want to be able to separate AF from actually taking the picture, that is I do not want AF on the shutter. As it is now I have AF on both the AF on and on the shutter.

    I want AF only on the AF-on button.

    /Bent

     

    Go to Menu->Custom Functions(the orange tab), then C.FnIV:Operation/Others. Then CF #1 on that page (i.e. first page), hit set, scroll to the shutter half press (should be first one). Then choose Metering start or AE lock. Easier to do than describe really.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  5. Go to Menu->Custom Functions(the orange tab), then C.FnIV:Operation/Others. Then CF #1 on that page (i.e. first page), hit set, scroll to the shutter half press (should be first one). Then choose Metering start or AE lock. Easier to do than describe really.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

     

     

    Thank you so much! The choice is rather a lack of AF on the shutter than a transfer of AF to another button! Now it works just as I want it. Once again, thank you so much! I have been quite frustrated by my lack of success during the past couple of days.

     

    /Bent C

  6. Thank you so much! The choice is rather a lack of AF on the shutter than a transfer of AF to another button! Now it works just as I want it. Once again, thank you so much! I have been quite frustrated by my lack of success during the past couple of days.

     

    /Bent C

     

    No prob.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.