Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New equiment!

Started by yyerardos ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

New equiment!

10 posts
  1. Hello fellow divers,

    As from last saturday, i am a happy owner of the outfit noted below, in my signature!

    Many thanks to Barry Strickland for selling me at a good price.

    Does anyone else have the Sigma 15-30?

  2. Nice setup. I have my 2 DS125s, and think they are the ducks nuts

     

    Lens wise, haven't used the 15-30, but the 16mm fisheye is my main UW lens, alongside my 60mm macro.

  3. Cheers mate!

    I still have to figure out the kind on extention i need for the 15-30.

    Its a quite large lens (87x130cm / 3.4x5.1in) ana aquatica's people aren't sure what i need!

    I liked the ''ducks nuts'', means brilliant?

  4. You will need an 8" dome port, a VERY long extension, and one hell of a big zoom ring. You will probably need to get a few extensions, and try them all in a pool. Keep the one that works for you and send the rest back.

     

    You will need the big dome since that lens does not accept diopters.

     

    HTH

    James

  5. “Ducks Nuts” I’ve heard it’s tighter than a ducks ass, and it’s the bees knees, but never ducks nuts.

     

    Duck’s nuts conjures up an image that might be a winner in your next photo contest. If the water is cold you could make it, “your best macro shot”

     

    Marc

  6. Thanks James and Mark!

    I already have the macro extention for the 105mm, I guess i'll try this first with the dome, and see if its ok! Probably i will an extra one though...

    Is it possible to have a too big extention?

    The slightly stupid thing with the lens is the non-removable shade is has.

    But so far it takes super topside pictures. Used it for landscapes and portraits and its the ducks nuts!

  7. G'day

     

    Yes, the "ducks nuts" is an Aussie expression meaning top notch.

     

    Glad you got a smile out of it.

     

    I am also glad that the lens commands a similar level of enthusiasm!

     

    Keep us all informed about how you go.

     

    I will be using the Nikkor 12-24 with my D100 / Aquatica housing combo. What extension ring is being used for this?

     

    Best

     

    Des

  8. Des,

     

    The proper extension ring for the 12-24 is 15mm long.

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. Thanks James.....

  10. Everybode seems to know all the info relevant to the nikon 12-24, but not for the sigma 15-30!!!

    Since this lens is much longer than the nikon, i suppose i need a longer extention that the 15mm.

    Do you guys know what other extentions are available?

    yorgos

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.