My aunt from the states is giving me a pelican case for my gear, she'll be bringing it over soon. Now I just want to know if this model would be the right one for my G11 Ikelite set up, 2 DS-160 strobes, ULCS regular and bouyancy arms, Dome lens, Macro lens, etc.
My aunt from the states is giving me a pelican case for my gear, she'll be bringing it over soon. Now I just want to know if this model would be the right one for my G11 Ikelite set up, 2 DS-160 strobes, ULCS regular and bouyancy arms, Dome lens, Macro lens, etc.
Should be fine, if a little bit big for that setup. It is 18 inches x 14 inches x 7 inches or 48x36x20 mm so you should have room to spare.
Bill
Should be fine, if a little bit big for that setup. It is 18 inches x 14 inches x 7 inches or 48x36x20 mm so you should have room to spare.
Don't you mean, "so you have room to grow when you decide to get more camera gear"?
-Gina
I use a Pelicase for my G11 Patima housing with 2 ports, 1 D2000 strobe, 1 UWL-100 wetlens, 1 Fantasea flexarm and tray and minor spare parts.I guess that it would be too small for your 2 DS-161 strobes.
I strongly suggest that you get a Pelicase with a size not exceeding cabin luggage measure as this will save you a lot of nerves,
as you can take your baby with you and not as checked baggage.
Your rig should fit in one of this size cabin trolleys but you may have to eliminate the foam/dividers inside as this will free a lot of space.
Sadly, Pelican cases have been targeted in some parts of the world as air-side thieves know that they contain valuable stuff...
Tim
I use a Pelicase for my G11 Patima housing with 2 ports, 1 D2000 strobe, 1 UWL-100 wetlens, 1 Fantasea flexarm and tray and minor spare parts.I guess that it would be too small for your 2 DS-161 strobes.
I strongly suggest that you get a Pelicase with a size not exceeding cabin luggage measure as this will save you a lot of nerves,
as you can take your baby with you and not as checked baggage.
Your rig should fit in one of this size cabin trolleys but you may have to eliminate the foam/dividers inside as this will free a lot of space.
i don't quite get what you mean... the model of the case i showed is bigger than the case you are suggesting... do you mean that i should get the 1510 rather than the 1554?
Sadly, Pelican cases have been targeted in some parts of the world as air-side thieves know that they contain valuable stuff...
Tim
when i get mine, i'll install a cuff and chain
Don't you mean, "so you have room to grow when you decide to get more camera gear"?