Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

LR 3.3 problem - need some help

Started by Scubamoose ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

LR 3.3 problem - need some help

14 posts
  1. Hi all!

     

    I have a bit of a problem useing the spot removal tool on LR 3.3 (on 2,7 it worked just fine). The problem started when I upgraded to 3.0 - then I was hopeing the problem will be fixed with an upgrade - saddly no.

    After about 50 to 60 "circles" the program will start to run really slow untill it freezes completely.

    I read on adobe forum that quite a lot of folks are experiencing the similar problem, but noone was able to suggest any solution.

    I have all the latest updates to my drivers etc., plenty of free disk space, boosted up LR camera raw cache size and have done everything I could think of to fix this - still no help.

    I have 32 bit win. Vista, 4G RAM - but this should not be a problem related to processor or memory, because some people on adobe forum told they had the same issue on much better computers.

     

    Has anyone here experiencing the same problem - even more importantly, does anyone know a solution?!?

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  2. Hi Karel,

     

    Not really helpful I'm afraid, but I regularly run lots of spot removal without any problems. I'm now using Macs, but used to use 64bit Windows 7 machines with no problems either. Maybe the 64 bit architecture is allowing more access to RAM?

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamhanlon
  3. I have the same issue. Vista 64x

    Marli

  4. No issues (I just did 100 spots) on an ancient i-mac (2ghz core duo + 2gb ram) and 10.5.8

    Bill

  5. I have the same issue. Vista 64x

    Marli

     

    Well there's your problem.... Vista!

  6. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Once I hacked all the everything that wasn't compatible with, I am loathe to do it again for Windows 7, or that other overpriced white brand. :P

  7. Well there's your problem.... Vista!

     

    I might even consider updating to win. 7, but since I found some fellows on adobe forum who have the same issue with x64 win. 7 as well, it might not do the trick...

    Maybe I'm just better off selling my apartment (or something else with enough value) and buying a MacBook instead :P

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  8. Hi Karel,

    I had the same issue after I upgraded from Lightroom 2.7 to 3. It appears to be solved now I updated to LR 3.3. (Mac user)

    --Rob

  9. I've only just upgraded to 3.3 from 3.2, I had the same problem on 3.2 but not sure yet on 3.3, I have Windows 7 on 64bit and mac 10.5.8.

    The way I got round it is to do spot removal first in Photoshop, much easier too as well as the speed

  10. I'll try to upgrade my win. to 7 and let You know does it help or not...

    But it does seems to be a bug in LR - since there are quite a few of You who are haveing the same problem.

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  11. Yeah, the other thing that is happening is that right clicking on the thumbnails at the bottom stops working after a while; closing and reopening fixes it.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  12. Ive had similar issues, and what fixed that problem was to remove/restore the preference file (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/358041?tstart=0). I was extremely skeptic that it would work, but it did. Apparently it can get corrupted or at least bogged down when you do upgrade over upgrade. As I said, I really didn't think it would change anything, but for me it fixed the slowdowns. Take a backup, and try it, its worth a shot.

     

    /Bjorn

  13. Ive had similar issues, and what fixed that problem was to remove/restore the preference file (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/358041?tstart=0).

    /Bjorn

     

    Well this helped alot!!! I can't say it fixed the whole problem, since the program still goes quite slow after useing spot removal very much, but it's not crashing down anymore!!! :)

    Thanks a lot Bjorn :D

     

    This is the picture I wanted to save. It's not even a good shot, but does have some sentimental value.

    Common mussel's - coast of Norway.

     

    post-22881-1293746481.jpg

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  14. Glad I could help!

     

    /Björn

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.