Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Battery Charging

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Battery Charging

4 posts
  1. I was told that we shouldn't keep our camera battery stored with charged or full charged, we shouldn't keep our laptop battery stored without any charge and I read that I should always keep my DS-160 battery pack always charged even when stored, so are all these information true? I guess the last one is 'coz I read it in the manual :P

  2. I was told that we shouldn't keep our camera battery stored with charged or full charged, we shouldn't keep our laptop battery stored without any charge and I read that I should always keep my DS-160 battery pack always charged even when stored, so are all these information true? I guess the last one is 'coz I read it in the manual :P

    In general as far as I know, NiMH batteries (AA rechargeables and your DS160) should be fine stored either charged or discharged. There is minimal memory effect. Since the NiMH batteries have considerable internal discharge rates, keeping some charge on them is not a bad idea but not necessary. Laptop batteries are typically Li ion and they should be stored with some charge on them but they do not need to be fully charged.

    Bill

  3. Thanks guys :good:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.