Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 35mm At-X Macro with 2x TC

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 35mm At-X Macro with 2x TC

4 posts
  1. I am interested if anyone has use the Tokina 35mm AT-X macro lens with a 2x Teleconverter?

     

    Would the kenko pro300 2x TC work with this lens?

     

    I think it would produce interesting results as the 2x Tc would turn it into a 70mm Macro lens with 2x image size.

     

    Regards Mark

  2. I am interested if anyone has use the Tokina 35mm AT-X macro lens with a 2x Teleconverter?

     

    Would the kenko pro300 2x TC work with this lens?

     

    I think it would produce interesting results as the 2x Tc would turn it into a 70mm Macro lens with 2x image size.

     

    Regards Mark

    The problem is that the 2x makes it two stops dimmer and that will probably mean really slow AF use and the IQ will take a hit as well.

     

    Bill

  3. The problem is that the 2x makes it two stops dimmer and that will probably mean really slow AF use and the IQ will take a hit as well.

     

    Bill

    Yeah. f/5.6 will be fairly dim and you start with only 5.5 in (14 cm) close focus distance. Promise that you will not squash any nudies.

    Bob

  4. Its just an idea as I am looking at the 35mm for larger fish and turtle portraits and I already have the Kenko pro300 2x TC. I would be using a bright focusing light also.

     

    Regards Mark

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.