Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Good strobe for now and later?

Started by Irie ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Good strobe for now and later?

2 posts
  1. I currently have a Fuji F30 with Fuji housing. My pics thus far have been relatively discouraging as they are mostly somewhat blurry and blue. This could be due to a couple things...1) So far Im retarded with a camera and/or 2) From reading here it may be because I dont have a strobe.

     

    So now Im on the lookout for a strobe/tray/arm assembly that will work with my setup for my next trip. But here's the thing...I also have a Canon XSi (450D) that I bought quietly expecting to try underwater someday. I dont have a housing or anything for it...but later...I might. So if I'm going to spend the money...I want to get a reasonable quality strobe that I could use with both.

     

    So far my local shop recommended the Sea and Sea YS-110a. They said I could use it with what I have now using a taped on TTL cable. And then later I could use it with my Canon via its hot shoe. What do you all think?? Is there a better option for the money?

     

    BTW, the shop guy also was at a loss as to why I wouldnt just ditch the Fuji and step up to the Canon now. Trouble is I dont have a case for the Canon (although I am quietly looking)...and besides...the Fuji also does video which I'm not sure I want to bail from just yet.

     

    My ultimate fantasy would be to get a strobe setup that works for both and then get a used case for the Canon. Then I can go back and forth between both. But we'll see what Santa thinks about that. Lol. Anybody know the street value of an arm and lightly muscled leg might be?? Maybe I could do it that way...

  2. I currently have a Fuji F30 with Fuji housing. My pics thus far have been relatively discouraging as they are mostly somewhat blurry and blue. This could be due to a couple things...1) So far Im retarded with a camera and/or 2) From reading here it may be because I dont have a strobe.

     

    So now Im on the lookout for a strobe/tray/arm assembly that will work with my setup for my next trip. But here's the thing...I also have a Canon XSi (450D) that I bought quietly expecting to try underwater someday. I dont have a housing or anything for it...but later...I might. So if I'm going to spend the money...I want to get a reasonable quality strobe that I could use with both.

     

    So far my local shop recommended the Sea and Sea YS-110a. They said I could use it with what I have now using a taped on TTL cable. And then later I could use it with my Canon via its hot shoe. What do you all think?? Is there a better option for the money?

     

    BTW, the shop guy also was at a loss as to why I wouldnt just ditch the Fuji and step up to the Canon now. Trouble is I dont have a case for the Canon (although I am quietly looking)...and besides...the Fuji also does video which I'm not sure I want to bail from just yet.

     

    My ultimate fantasy would be to get a strobe setup that works for both and then get a used case for the Canon. Then I can go back and forth between both. But we'll see what Santa thinks about that. Lol. Anybody know the street value of an arm and lightly muscled leg might be?? Maybe I could do it that way...

    The YS110 is a good strobe and will work if you go the DSLR route. You can also look at the Inon line (Z240, S2000, D2000) for similar strobes that can be used with multiple type housings.

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.