Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Nauticam Housing for D300s

Started by littlemermaid ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

New Nauticam Housing for D300s

3 posts
  1. Well I know there is a lot of excitement over the newest Nikon D7000 as well as the Nauticam housing, but after having my D300s for almost a year I decided to buy a housing and all the do-dads. Let me just say, it rocks!!!! Know what else rocks? Optical Ocean Sales owner Jack Connick...best customer service and product pricing. Within an hour of placing the order, I got a phone call and great advice on other things I might need. Plus tons of email replies to my questions (including late at night and on weekends).

     

    Anyways, finally got the baby in the water last weekend and despite being a tad heavy on the surface, it is so ergonomic and easy to use underwater. The whole system was such an upgrade from my old one that is will be a steep learning curve. The Zen 100mm mini dome is very different from having a big port, but will be a lot of fun to play around with. Still figuring out the Inon Z-240's but as anyone who has them already knows, they are powerful and come in a small package. Also really like the new i-DAS arms and still waiting on my L&M Sola 600 to test out my macro skills.

     

    Whether you are considering housing an old or new camera, I would highly recommend Optical Ocean Sales...and if you aren't sure about Nauticam housings, I have been very impressed with ease of use and functionality.

     

    Happy Holidays!

     

    E Rowe

  2. Good news, enjoy and look forward to seeing some shots soon!

  3. Well I know there is a lot of excitement over the newest Nikon D7000 as well as the Nauticam housing, but after having my D300s for almost a year I decided to buy a housing and all the do-dads. Let me just say, it rocks!!!! Know what else rocks? Optical Ocean Sales owner Jack Connick...best customer service and product pricing. Within an hour of placing the order, I got a phone call and great advice on other things I might need. Plus tons of email replies to my questions (including late at night and on weekends).

     

    Anyways, finally got the baby in the water last weekend and despite being a tad heavy on the surface, it is so ergonomic and easy to use underwater. The whole system was such an upgrade from my old one that is will be a steep learning curve. The Zen 100mm mini dome is very different from having a big port, but will be a lot of fun to play around with. Still figuring out the Inon Z-240's but as anyone who has them already knows, they are powerful and come in a small package. Also really like the new i-DAS arms and still waiting on my L&M Sola 600 to test out my macro skills.

     

    Whether you are considering housing an old or new camera, I would highly recommend Optical Ocean Sales...and if you aren't sure about Nauticam housings, I have been very impressed with ease of use and functionality.

     

    Happy Holidays!

     

    E Rowe

     

     

    Awesome! And thanks for the kudos about Jack - great to hear!

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.