Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

2004 Predictions

Started by james ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

2004 Predictions

7 posts
  1. Thom has a pretty good track record and is usually right about most of these things:

     

    http://www.bythom.com/2004predictions.htm

     

    I think the F6 that was mentioned earlier today appears there...:-) Also, the Fuji S3 pro - predicted to be full-frame and use the new Fuji 11/22 megapixel sensor.

     

    Lots of other good stuff - well worth the read for digital SLR enthusiasts.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Just read those to. Coincidentally, being in the IT market, I am always being beseiged by market research predictions.

     

    A couple of weeks ago I penned up 10 predictions for UW photography. I might type those up and post them here in the next few days. Be interesting to compare them at the end of the year, like Thom has on his 2003 predictions review.

     

    Thom's prediction of "1 minute processing" has real appeal for liveaboard boats, and I reckon he'll be on the money with that one.....

  3. I love speculation like that, especially when it's someone that has a good record.

     

    I'm FASCINATED by the whole F6 concept. Not so much because of the film component, although that would be nice, but because of the idea of a fully functional body that I could simply upgrade the sensor as needed (ok, wanted).

     

    Let's see, 2 F6 bodies, 1 film back, 2 each of FF sensor, 1 of PJ sensor, that's, ummmm... Ah yes, a divorce... :rolleyes:

     

    The one-minute photo prediction is intriguing as well, especially since I just got back from dropping of some files for some prints at Costco that I have to wait until tomorrow for (because digital takes longer to print than film?!?!?).

  4. Let's do it guys. I'll start a new thread for 2004 UW Photography predictions.

     

    Back last year I made a prediction about the D100/housing cost and the market for same and I was spot on. Some folks may remember - it was the thread comparing the economics of buying a Oly E20 vs a D100.

     

    2003 really was/is the "year of the DSLR" with the introduction of "affordable" cameras, and a good selection of housings to choose from. What will 2004 bring us?

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Just got to find my list that I handwrote during a boring meeting B)

  6. Des,

     

    Cool. This will apply to all types of underwater digital, so please post in the thread in "The Galley."

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. In reading Thom Hogan's analysis of his 2003 predictions, he reveals some interesting stats regarding marketshare. If he is correct, Nikon had a 60% digital SLR marketshare in 2002 and a 4:3 advantage in units shipped over Canon in 2003. He believes Canon and Nikon are currently close in digital SLR marketshare (Canon sells more P&S's however).

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.