Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

D90 Lens

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

D90 Lens

7 posts
  1. I know that for every lens there is a port solely for it (correct me if i'm wrong) so if i have a d90 body, getting an ikelite housing for it, what are the best two lens for me to buy for underwater use? why? is brand is a big factor please explain why also?

  2. For me personally on my Nikon d90 I would choose the Nikon 60mm Macro and the Tokina 10-17mm. These two lenses comes most of my shooting.

     

    The 60mm provides super fast focusing and is versitial in shoot most macro subjects and even some fish/turtle portraits.

     

    The Tokina 10-17mm offers a super wide angle, close focasing lens with zoom at a cost of around $600.

     

    If your going ikelite I recommend the modular port system as it offeres you to add extensions for other lenses down the track. I recommned the 8 inch dome for the Tokina.

     

    Cheers Mark

  3. JasonCasanovaAussiebyron already said the most.If you are diving in clear and calm waters photographing shy creatures the 105mm Micro Nikkor may be another choice. but at it's a tele lens she is not very easy to handle in surge/current conditions and having lot of suspension the long focusing distance is not very appropiate.Take the 8'' dome, the 6'' may have "soft corners" issue and need strong diopters.

    I bought the Tokina 12-24mm lens and while this lens is great on land under water she have still a soft corner issues usingher dedicated dome port and a +3 diopter.

    Chris

  4. Chris and Mark thank you for this :)

  5. I know that for every lens there is a port solely for it (correct me if i'm wrong) so if i have a d90 body, getting an ikelite housing for it, what are the best two lens for me to buy for underwater use? why? is brand is a big factor please explain why also?

    My take is pretty much the same as everyone else. The Tokina 10-17 and either the 60 or 105VR macro lens. The advantage of the 105 is that if you want ultimately to shoot super macro the add on lenses you will use will be much more effective on the 105 than the 60. For me I would look at the Zen domes for the Ike system, particularly the smaller domes if CFWA is interesting to you.

    Bill

  6. My take is pretty much the same as everyone else. The Tokina 10-17 and either the 60 or 105VR macro lens. The advantage of the 105 is that if you want ultimately to shoot super macro the add on lenses you will use will be much more effective on the 105 than the 60. For me I would look at the Zen domes for the Ike system, particularly the smaller domes if CFWA is interesting to you.

    Bill

     

     

    i like to shoot macro, there's more macro shooting here in the Philippines.

  7. I agree that the Tokina 10-17 (for wide angle) and the 60mm or 105mm for macro. If you become interested in mid-range shooting, you might also look at the Sigma 17-70. I've had good experiences with that lens.

     

    Ellen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.