Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

RED EPIC Stolen in France

Started by Ocean Imaging ·

  • 17Posts
  • 17Replies

Read-only discussion

RED EPIC Stolen in France

17 posts
  1. The first EPIC 5K Digital Cinema camera shipped and delivered has been stolen in France...the serial number is 00006....Please contact Mark Peterson or the folks at RED Digital Cinema if anyone knows anything about this...There is a $100,000 reward leading to the recovery and conviction of the people responsible for this....

  2. Crikey!!! That's bad news, I hope its retrieved... What a nightmare

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. That BLOWS! Hope that wasn't yours F.N. if thats who's post this is.

     

    Best of Luck!

     

    Mike

  4. Thanks Fraser. Just a minor correction: The owner is Mark Pederson of Off Hollywood Studios.

     

    Here are the details of the theft:

     

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53549

     

    And here is the reward offer:

     

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53561

     

    Also lost was a very expensive lens, the Angenieux Optimo 15-40mm SN s/n 1591382.

     

    Unfortunately, the circumstances of the burglary makes it look like a typical home invasion in the South of France, which happens more often than one thinks, especially in the summer when it's super crowded. Hopefully they do try to fence it and it is recovered.

  5. Thanks Fraser. Just a minor correction: The owner is Mark Pederson of Off Hollywood Studios.

     

    Here are the details of the theft:

     

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53549

     

    And here is the reward offer:

     

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53561

     

    Also lost was a very expensive lens, the Angenieux Optimo 15-40mm SN s/n 1591382.

     

    Unfortunately, the circumstances of the burglary makes it look like a typical home invasion in the South of France, which happens more often than one thinks, especially in the summer when it's super crowded. Hopefully they do try to fence it and it is recovered.

     

     

    Holy hog!!! I know Sony wouldn't stump up a reward ... Seriously I hope that gets sorted maybe they should check local 'car boot' sales, you never know

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. Ouchhh...!!!

    I wonder if the bad guys even know what they have stolen?

    Hope this gets sorted out and they find all the missing equipment!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  7. Not mine Mike,..I'm sure Mark had insurance but that doesn't ease the blow..still shooing RED One but expect to move into EpicX this year. Was just trying to get the word out, the more that know the better.

     

    Maybe they'll catch those responsible, I hope so...dislike someone who steals...

     

    Frazier Nivens, Ocean Imaging

  8. Epic number six has been stolen in France from Mark...there's a $100,000 reward posted for the conviction of those responsible.

     

    I'd be checking video forums for posts that have awesome picture quality, however are slightly wobbly with rubbish composition... :dancing:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. I read on another forum someone suggesting that it was stolen by a competitor wanting the 'Secret Sauce'

  10. I seriously doubt that Jonny. The conspiracy theorists will be out in force but all of those guys have never lived in the south of France. Break ins like that, are happening more and more often. In fact, it's risen over 60% in the south of france. Tourism rentals with minimal security (read locks that suck!) and even sleeping gas has been used burglars have been doing their runs. I have friends who suffered one of these burglaries last year and they've since put in alarms and stronger locks. Those guys knew which jewelry were fake and only what was of high value that could be fenced easily like handbags, cash and jewelry.

    If you remember good ol' Sarkozy's anti-Romani rhetoric which got him into hot water, it's partially related to the suspicions that the rapid rise in burglaries are work of the Romani illegal immigrants.

  11. You are absolutely right Drew. Having lived in the South of France and Catalan I know this area is blighted by theft which is typicically perpetrated by itinerents who constantly look for any opportunity...

  12. Well something like that is going to be pretty hard to off load.

    Abit like stealing a Bugatti, its going to stand out where ever it turns up.

  13. Well something like that is going to be pretty hard to off load.

    Abit like stealing a Bugatti, its going to stand out where ever it turns up.

     

    The main view is it was a random lift, any chance this could have 'stolen to order'???

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  14. Bummer!! I should have known that the €500 'Buy It Now' offer that I purchased earlier for a RED Epic on Ebay was too good to be true!! :dancing:

  15. Bummer!! I should have known that the €500 'Buy It Now' offer that I purchased earlier for a RED Epic on Ebay was too good to be true!! :dancing:

     

     

    Come on Simon that's not funny as you well know... :D

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(Damn I ordered two)B

  16. I can't imagine have that gear and not having insurance for it. Hopefully, they had some.

    Steve

  17. If the reward is $100,000 - what on earth could the value of the camera be? Or is it one of those priceless "engineering samples?"

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.