Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Equipment Issues Help!

Started by pennyjlat ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment Issues Help!

4 posts
  1. Hey guys!

     

    I have two equipment concerns and I was wondering if anyone could send some advice my way:

     

    1. Just got the macromate for my sea and sea, and tried to use it with my 105 lens. I cannot seem to get it to focus either underwater or above water. I've been trying it with autofocus and thought maybe it was something that had to be used on manual. Any thoughts?

     

    2. My new sea and sea fisheye dome port seems to "wabble" a little bit when screwed and locked in. It is my first large dome port and I didnt know if this was normal and something that water pressure would solve, or if there is something wrong!

     

    Thanks for all your help and happy new years!

     

    Joe

  2. Hi Joe.

     

    Are you using the older style AF 105 or the new VR 105 version? What power dioptre Macromate are you using the 10x or 5x? Have you got a good focusing light?

     

    Regarding the dome port wobble, I experienced this when I had an Ikelite. I found generic o-rings which were thousands of an inch thicker than the factory o-ring. This too out the wobble in my dome. Might work for you also. But of course take the housing with the thicker o-ring for a dive without the camera first.

     

    Regards Mark

  3. thanks man!

     

    its the newest vr 105 and the standard macromate lens from backscatter for sea and sea ports (so +10 i want to say) Ill give the generic o ring a try and perhaps try it as is without camera to see what will happen! yikessss

     

    Joe

  4. A bit of wobble on the surface with 0 pressure is normal.

     

    It goes away once you are in the water.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.