Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Equipment Insurance

Started by kyzy23 ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment Insurance

13 posts
  1. I have been working with an insurance company for a claim on my damaged equipment. On other boards I have noticed I am not alone. What can I do to get them to respond to my request? The insurance costs me MORE than my house insurance but I am unable to contact anyone regarding the claim.

  2. Which insurance company?

  3. Which insurance company?

     

     

    I am hoping it is just a lack of computer skills and I slipped through the cracks so I don't want to trash any one right now. Any ideas on how to get one respond to my questions? Thanks.

  4. The only reason I asked is there is one common company that is notorious for this type of problem. I used to be one of their customers but ceased, after my sister had a horrible time getting resolution of her claim.

  5. I have been working with an insurance company for a claim on my damaged equipment. On other boards I have noticed I am not alone. What can I do to get them to respond to my request? The insurance costs me MORE than my house insurance but I am unable to contact anyone regarding the claim.

    Interesting. When I lived in the US, I had my camera equipment about $11k in value, and the insurance cost per year was only less than $150. It covered all liabilities, damages, stolen, etc. And it is one of the most reputable insurance company.

  6. Hello,

    Sox404 could you please give us the name of your insurance company ?

    Thanks

  7. Interesting. When I lived in the US, I had my camera equipment about $11k in value, and the insurance cost per year was only less than $150. It covered all liabilities, damages, stolen, etc. And it is one of the most reputable insurance company.

     

     

    Yes, can you please give us the name of your insurance company? Thanks.

  8. My insurance is with State Farm as a personal property policy. Same price and coverage range as SOX404. I am in the process of my first claim with them.

    They stated on the phone today, "Send a written estimate from the repair company. Your policy has no deductible so we send you a check as soon as we have the written estimate."

    I will be sending the camera and lens to the appropriate places for those estimates later in the week.

    All my past experience with them on my car and home insurance was similar for claims and payments were always quick.

  9. Hey all,

     

    It's State Farm insurance. You can ask for personal article insurance program. State Farm will ask you to bring all the camera equipment to be covered to their office, including the original invoices. They will take photos and if I'm not mistaken take notes of the serial number (if available).

     

    Hope this helps.

  10. Hey all,

     

    It's State Farm insurance. You can ask for personal article insurance program. State Farm will ask you to bring all the camera equipment to be covered to their office, including the original invoices. They will take photos and if I'm not mistaken take notes of the serial number (if available).

     

    Hope this helps.

     

     

    Yes, I have received this same type of advise from a few other people. I was also told by one insurance company that one claim may effect the rest of my homeowners insurance policy. I won't be doing business with them. Hard to imagine, I am still working on my claim.

  11. The reason to have a separate personal property policy is that it does NOT effect any other policy if you have a claim. So your homeowners is safe. It could effect the personal prop. policy.

  12. Thought I would give an update on my claim. I initially talked to the Claims dept at State Farm and they provided an email address to send the estimates for repairs. I sent the camera and lens to the repair shops, got written estimates, forwarded those to State Farm, they sent me a check for the full amount in about a 2 weeks. My policy has no deductible. I am a happy customer.

  13. I tried state farm. They refused to offer me insurance. They said it was "totally unacceptable" to insure my equipment since I had a claim against my older equipment. I lost my last camera over the summer and filed it under homeowners insurance. I have had homeowners since 2004....one claim, black balls me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.