I am unable to get my Sea & Sea Y-110a strobe (connected to the FIX housing with fibre optic cables) to fire when I set the G11 camera to manual mode to control both shutter speed and aperture. Is this a characteristic of the G11 and the fibre optic connection or am I missing some other setting in the menu? If I switch to Aperture priority the strobe will fire in sync without fail. Any suggestions or helpful hints are appreciated. J. Daniel
Most likely in manual it will not fire a preflash..
So you may need to change the settings of the 110a accordingly.
Daniel,TTL is NOT working on the G11 while in M mode and this may be the problem.
I use Av or Tv mode and ttl-exposure works mostly fine.
Do a search on the photography forum @ scubaboard.com and you will find exhaustive posts about
that issue of Canon P&S.
Chris
try set your strobe to menu 1 or 2 and try.......
Most likely in manual it will not fire a preflash..
So you may need to change the settings of the 110a accordingly.
Thanks for the suggestion, however I do not know how to do this. The G11 provides a pre-flash and I have set the Y-110a accordingly and it works when I am in Aperture Priority. I cannot find anything in either manual that describes any other way to set the Y-110a to respond to the pre-flash.
Dan
Daniel,TTL is NOT working on the G11 while in M mode and this may be the problem.
I use Av or Tv mode and ttl-exposure works mostly fine.
Do a search on the photography forum @ scubaboard.com and you will find exhaustive posts about
that issue of Canon P&S.
Chris
Thanks Chris I will follow up on this.
Dan
try set your strobe to menu 1 or 2 and try.......
Thanks, Wolf Eel, With the strobe set on manual 2 it fires when I tested it with the G11 in manual mode. I was using the strobe's manual 1 setting as this is where I had it set and where it works whenI set the camera to Aperture priority. Interestingly, I tried the flash on manual 2 and the G11 in Aperture priority-- the strobe fired but gave insufficient light to expose the image (even though strobe was set for full power). Using the same camera settings and the strobe set back on manual 1, the image received sufficient strobe light for proper exposure. Go figure that, in both situations the strobe appeared to be flashing with the same intensity.