Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How to insert copyright in a bunch of images (for mac)

Started by Nadine ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

How to insert copyright in a bunch of images (for mac)

7 posts
  1. I like to insert my copyright in a bunch of images. I can not find an easy and fast working program for mac. Do you know one? Thanks for your help.

    Nadine

  2. Hi Nadine,

     

    I think the most common programs that people would use will be either Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture. Both of these will, of course, do a lot more than add copyright!

     

    I don't know of a simple copyright program as a stand-alone.

     

    Lightroom and Aperture both have trial versions and both will work with mac. I have limited experience of iPhoto, but I'm sure someone else will come along who has more, as this may be an alternative too.

     

    Hope that helps.

     

    Adam

     

    PS. I've moved this to the correct forum!

    Edited by adamhanlon
  3. What an amazing collection of shark photos you have. Great images from amazing locations.

     

    Stew

  4. I like to insert my copyright in a bunch of images. I can not find an easy and fast working program for mac. Do you know one? Thanks for your help.

    Nadine

     

    Do you want to add "© Nadine. All rights reserved" as text into the visible image?

     

    Or do you want to add the © and contact/subject/caption information into the file metadata?

     

    I would strongly recommend (and would consider anyone who doesn't mad!) both of the above for any image posted online, and the metadata is a must-have if you send a high res out for printing/publishing anywhere, but there are different tools/techniques to get the results.

    Edited by decosnapper
  5. I like to insert my copyright in a bunch of images. I can not find an easy and fast working program for mac. Do you know one? Thanks for your help.

    Nadine

    I don't use Mac myself, but I do use Picasa, which seems to be available for Mac as well. It is free, easy and simple.

    http://picasa.google.com/mac/

    To watermark your images, just select the images you want marked, or pull them into a single Album and select all, then from menus: File, Export picture to folder. Then you get a dialog where you select the destination folder, output resolution and quality, and tick the watermark box and write your copyright text. The text will appear on all exported images, as in the picture below:

    IMG_1854.jpg

    The text color is automatically adjusted to the background so it stands out clearly.

    Unfortunately Picasa does not support editing of metadata at this time, so for that purpose you need to look at something else instead.

     

    On Windows Irfanview is one of the best and simplest free applications that can do batch processing of images, where you can watermark AND/or add copyright metadata (EXIF and IPTC tags). Unfortunately not available for Mac. But maybe there would be something similar for Mac as well? Irfanview anyway can be found from here:

    http://www.irfanview.com/

  6. I like to insert my copyright in a bunch of images. I can not find an easy and fast working program for mac. Do you know one? Thanks for your help.

    Nadine

     

    PhotoMechanic is an excellent image editor/sorter that allows you to apply a watermark to large numbers of photos quickly. You can add text or an image logo to your photos. I use PhotoMechanic in place of Adobe Bridge, and Photoshop to handle all my photos. Photomechanic is a fabulous tool. Email me and I can walk you through the process if you think this might be what you're looking for.

     

    Randall

  7. Ditto on what Bentoni said about Photo Mechanic. It's a great program for dealing with many images with lightning speed. The reason I became interested in it was that I heard years ago that Stephen Frink used it for his underwater images. I have no idea if he still uses it, but I've never regretted my decision to buy it. The support for this product is excellent. There is a forum where questions can be posted and they are quickly answered. Watermarks are easy to do and they look great, there are choices for font, color, etc.

     

    Ellen

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.