Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Digital to Slide

Started by Simon K. ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital to Slide

2 posts
  1. Has anyone out there let some of there digitals exosed on slides with a Digital Film Recorder.

     

    This would be intresting, to have access to more competitions.

     

    How big the resolution of the picture has to be to get good results, and are the results as good as digitals as prints?

     

    Simon

  2. digi to slides

    I have experimented a lot with this. I recently had some outputs from my Nikon D100 put into 35mm slides as an experiment. I used Fred Mirandas' Resolution software and formatted my digital file to 11 x 7.33 at 300 DPI. Some labs require 372 dpi, but 11 by 7.33 is the correct sizing for slide output. The results were very good. I haven't used any in competitions. These were topside shots so the color was very good and the DOF was good. When you go shoot macro, for example, your DOF is minimal. The soft areas tend to show more noise than the sharp areas (to the naked eye at least). The softer the more visible the noise. And poor lighting hurts your ourput ability. With a dark background that you want to lighten, you will likely get some noise if you radically change that color. I have yet to try Fred Mirands's noise reduction plug-in for Photo Shop, but I hear it helps.

     

    Joe

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.