Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sea & Sea ports with Nikon D3+17-35 or 14mm

Started by Eatonnature ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea ports with Nikon D3+17-35 or 14mm

1 posts
  1. Hi

    I am fairly new to the forum so forgive me if this is a topic you are all bored of. However, I am struggling here, both technically and finacially. But I cant get sharp corners, in fact I am cropping so much with the D3 images that I was better of with the D200 file size. Is it because the 17-35 is rectilinear, or because s&s dont actually test the combinations before they produce port charts and we buy.

    I own 3 Sea & Sea dome ports the fisheye, compact and optical glass. Having progressed from the D200 to D3 and 3x (s&s housing) I am using 17-35, 2.8 and also 14mm. As per s&s chart I am using the smaller SX extn ring.

     

    Has anyone found a close focus w/a lens that works with any of these ports and a D3 (full frame). I could try the larger NX ring to push the lens forward?. Also thinking of having a go with the 16mm fish eye. One positive is that the big F/E dome doesnt give me any ChromAbs....should have bought the Zen!!!

     

    Any wisdom hugely welcome

     

    Graham Eaton

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.