Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Replacement for L&M HIDs

Started by chemsaf ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Replacement for L&M HIDs

3 posts
  1. I am considering giving my wife a set of Big Blue VL-2X30W LEDs (http:Big Blue link// to replace her L&M HIDs on her Bluefin Housing. I can explain why, but the censors would definitely kick the posting.

     

    The Big Blue use a 1/2" ball and Ultralight sells a stud adapter that will connect the Big Blue arms to the L&M housing. The Big Blue batteries, however, have two "D-rings" and I cannot figure out a way to firmly attach them to the housing. It will not do to attach them to her BC or Harness - let's not go there.

     

    Not having access to a machine shop, short of hiring Gates to build something, I need an off-the-shelf solution. If it were my housing, I would probably put a pair of large hose clamps around the housing and attach to them. I might even snug the system up with a bungie or Velcro; but ... it needs to be more elegant than that.

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Thanks

     

    Neal

  2. What about the L&M Sunray 1200 LEDs? I have two and love them. They fit onto the Bluefin housing without any mod. Or have you enough with L&M?

    Edited by liquidguru
  3. What about the L&M Sunray 1200 LEDs? I have two and love them. They fit onto the Bluefin housing without any mod. Or have you enough with L&M?

     

    The latter - L&Ms service is so bad that we do not want to give them another penny of our money. The HIDs have been continual problems, L&M will not provide any reasonable support.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.