Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

No D7000 editing in Edius?

Started by cdoyal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

No D7000 editing in Edius?

5 posts
  1. Just got my new D7000 so I shot some footage and dumped into Edius and DOH!

    It turns out you need to convert the file to something Edius can read first. Tech support basically says deal with it - no word on a fix.

    Anybody else tried it yet?

    Chris

  2. Hi Chris,

    Are you saying the Nikon raw clips will not import into the EDIUS bin?

    I have not tried Nikon files yet but I edit the RAW mov Canon files no probs on my old computer here.

     

    H.264 is going to be history soon once they start enforcing the license fee to use the codec for commercial purposes.

    Everyone will just drop it.

    Why do you think Google brought out On2.

  3. Hi Chris,

    Are you saying the Nikon raw clips will not import into the EDIUS bin?

    I have not tried Nikon files yet but I edit the RAW mov Canon files no probs on my old computer here.

     

    H.264 is going to be history soon once they start enforcing the license fee to use the codec for commercial purposes.

    Everyone will just drop it.

    Why do you think Google brought out On2.

     

    It just says the file is unrecognizable. A Grass Valley moderator on their forum just said to buy Quicktime Pro and convert the file to Canopus HQ. Not a good solution if you ask me.

  4. I wonder if the free MPEG Streamclip could do the transcode for you. Bet it will.

    Steve

  5. The problem is companies come up with strange H.264 wrappers and I think they do it only for commercial purposes forcing people to use their software or some other companies NLE they are in bed with.

    At the moment it cannot recognize the files but Im sure they will release an update at some time.

    Seems that other NLE's cannot edit it either. :)

     

    The FREE MPEG Streamclip can convert it but not to the Canopus HQ codec by the looks.

    http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html can though which is also the best way to make the sharpest quality DVD's as well.

    Its a very good encoder and one of the best around.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.