Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Monitor calibration - Which one?

Started by haring ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Monitor calibration - Which one?

4 posts
  1. I have the monitor calibrator called Colorvision Spyder 3. I have a mac and two PCs. I have used Spyder 3 for a while and I have noticed that the colors are different on all three screens. I assume the purpose of a monitor calibrator is that the photographer sees the same colors his/her clients will see...Anyway.

    I have decided to get a new calibrator. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. My budget is 150-400.

    What monitor calibrator can you recommend. I do wedding photography and I shoot a lot of Indian weddings where true colors are essential.

     

    Thanks!

  2. I have colormunki. Seems to work fine.

  3. Colormunki gets my vote too...

  4. I have used Spyder 2 and I now have Colormunki which I like. But good luck getting different brands or types of screens to look the same. I do my photo editing on a Cintiq screen, which is very different to what I see on the adjacent Eizo. It was also no different when I used an Apple monitor.....

    You probably need to choose the screen which you find most closely matches your final output which I assume is prints.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.