Hello all!
The diving season in germany is (at least for me
) over and I am thinking of my equipment for next year. Especialy the port choice give me headaches...
I recently bought the Digital Rebel (300D) including the 18-55mm kit lens. From JamesW I got the 50mm macro with lifesize converter (thanks again!!!).
That leaves me with the following possibilites and lens lenghts:
- 18-55m -> appr. 7,6cm max.
- 50mm macro -> appr. 8,9cm max.
- 50mm + lsc -> appr. 12,4cm max.
Unfortunetly Ike can´t give me more specific information until the housing is available but I guess my questions are more generic and going the "How do ports work and what to have in mind buying one?" way.
Just reading the measures the easiest way would be buying one "#5505.45 Lens length less than 5.1" (13cm) flat port" that would fit all of my lenses.... but some logical thinking tells me that it can´t be that easy. Will for example the widest 18mm setting of the kit lense still work in a port that long or will I picture parts of the port instead? Same question für the 50mm macro....
What if I consider a dome port like the "#5503.80 Lens length less than 5" (12.7cm)"?
Or, my worst thought, do I need different ports and change same during trips? Can someone give me some thought how Ikelite housing handle the port change?
I hope you can give a converted "consumer cam" photograh some advise and help me to get the right ports with Ikes housing.
Thanks in advance
Christian