Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

contest quality

Started by scuba e ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

contest quality

7 posts
  1. i have submitted a few pics in the past for the pic of the week contest. When i follow the rule "1000 pixles along longest edge" and I am resizing in photoshop the image makes it to post and has lost alot of sharpness/quality. I notice other pics seam very sharp. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas to increase the image quality with the smaller file.

    Just a note, all photos are from a Nikon D90 using Nikon 10.5fe or 60mm macro glass. Shot RAW and saved as a jpeg.

     

    Thanks,

    Erik

  2. It may help to know which program you are using to resize and how you are doing it in that program.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  3. Photoshop elements. Image resize.

  4. I dont know if its the same as CS but there is a tab in there that gives you the option of using " bi cubic sharper ". This is the way I have always done it, if I am enlarging then I select " bi cubic smoother " whether I am correct in doing this i dont know.

     

    Stew

  5. 1-Are you changing from adobe1998 to sRGB when you "Save for the internet and devices"? Adobe1998 does not look well in a browser. The pictures look flat wich you may be confusing for sharpness.

    2-Are you sharpening web pictures more that screen or print images?

     

    FYI, when judging a Photo of the Week I have a problem reatlly determing either sharpness or over sharpening.

  6. Sharpen after resizing?

  7. I am no expert on sharpening. I sometimes sharpen after creating the sRGB jpg.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.