Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rates for editing

Started by RWBrooks ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Rates for editing

5 posts
  1. Hi,

    just received a request for a quote to edit a short public information film from an environmental organisation. Been given the plot line and preliminary story board. What is a fair rate to charge for editing the graphics, footage, narration, music etc?

    Thanks in advance

     

    Richard

  2. Hi,

    just received a request for a quote to edit a short public information film from an environmental organisation. Been given the plot line and preliminary story board. What is a fair rate to charge for editing the graphics, footage, narration, music etc?

    Thanks in advance

     

    Richard

     

    In Sydney I charge $120 AUD per hour, or if it is for a project I do also quote per job however be very careful as clients can sometimes be indecisive and keep wanting re-edits so make sure that you stipulate how many re-edits you will do. Sometimes I will actually go to the client to finish the edit so that it saves time and means you don't have to export and burn etc.

  3. In Sydney I charge $120 AUD per hour, or if it is for a project I do also quote per job however be very careful as clients can sometimes be indecisive and keep wanting re-edits so make sure that you stipulate how many re-edits you will do. Sometimes I will actually go to the client to finish the edit so that it saves time and means you don't have to export and burn etc.

     

    Hi,

    Thanks for the feedback, it may well be a case where they want new footage added and re-edits done, the organisation is based in Tonga so it will all have to be done via courier with hard drives I imagine.

    Thanks once again

     

    Richard

  4. regarding drafts and re-edits etc, I actually upload to vimeo but password protect the video, embed it into a hidden webpage on my site then send them the link. It's fast the quality is reasonable and secure'ish.

  5. regarding drafts and re-edits etc, I actually upload to vimeo but password protect the video, embed it into a hidden webpage on my site then send them the link. It's fast the quality is reasonable and secure'ish.

    Thanks for the tip. :P

    Cheers

    Richard

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.