Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Crazyglue underwater?

Started by softnuance ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Crazyglue underwater?

3 posts
  1. I want to repair a crack on my diving lamp (plastic) ... will Crazyglue hold at 60 feet underwater?

  2. I want to repair a crack on my diving lamp (plastic) ... will Crazyglue hold at 60 feet underwater?

     

    I don't know if crazyglue will hold but i would use 3M 5200 or any other similar poliurethanic bonding maybe

    with some wraps of self vulcanizing rubber tape over it .

    I use this to do watertight joints on the power cable feeding my well pump what is approx. 60 ft. under water for years now.

    You should use the special formulated crazy glue for plastics Krazy Glue Plastic Primer to bond and strenghten the parts together and

    cover it then with a layer of 5200 to seal it better.

    Chris

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  3. Ditto 5200. It will last forever too.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.