Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

I “accidentally” took apart my eyepiece and... Aqutica housing

Started by Eyeflow ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

I “accidentally” took apart my eyepiece and... Aqutica housing

14 posts
  1. Hi,

    Does any one know how to reasamble the eyepice of a Aquatica 7D housing?

    There are 2 lenses and 2 plastic rings. The lenses are difrent with difrent curved shapes on eache side.

    A drawing would be prefered.

     

    //Matt

     

    edited: 18:50 22/1

    Edited by Eyeflow
  2. Might be an idea to let us in on what exact type of eyepiece we are talking about ?

     

    Paul C

  3. Might be an idea to let us in on what exact type of eyepiece we are talking about ?

     

    Paul C

     

    Send a personal message to Jean Bruneau of Aquatica or go to www.aquatica.ca for contact info for the quick and easy answer

  4. Send a personal message to Jean Bruneau of Aquatica or go to www.aquatica.ca for contact info for the quick and easy answer

     

    I'll try. Thx for the tip.

     

    Stil if someone have the info I would apriciate. Planing a dip tomorrow morning.

     

    //Matt

  5. yup.

     

    Jean will sort you - he is a good guy.

     

    Paul C

  6. I'll be back at the office monday and get you the info then, just shoot me a e-mail at jean@aquatica.ca, sorry not only do I not have drawing at home, I don't even have an housing with me to take apart the eye piece and guide you through it. Sorry about your dive tomorrow.

     

    Be carefull in handling the lenses so has not to chip the edge.

  7. Drawing sent! as a precaution, please abstain from eating greasy fries or other forms of sticky food before handling the lenses elements, we supply enough coating on the lens already, no need to add your personal touch :D .

     

    If I can suggest, use cotton gloves like we used on negatives in the old, old days. (remember those, they came in a roll and provided us with a really lame average of success per dive in underwater photography :P )

  8. Damn that rules out poutine then. ; )

  9. Damn that rules out poutine then. ; )

     

    What does the Russian ex president has got to do with this... :D would ask anyone not savvy with our French Canadian culinary contribution.

     

    For the enlightenment of all, every time I see this dish I feel compelled to call green peace or FIMA and call in a oil spill, that stuff will clog your arteries just by looking at it on the menu.

     

    post-1676-1295975658.jpg

     

    Mind you I had some grits, that was pretty gruesome in itself :P

    Edited by Viz'art
  10. post-1676-1295975658.jpg

    Why does such a beautiful country have such hideous food?

    Bob

    "You can kiss my grits!" - Flo from Mel's Diner

  11. Good lord, what is that?

  12. Great! Thanks for taking me out of my low carb low fat diet Jean! :P My wife and I want to visit Au Pied de Cochon one of these days, maybe we can get a factory tour too! ;-)

     

    Sti

  13. Great! Thanks for taking me out of my low carb low fat diet Jean! :D My wife and I want to visit Au Pied de Cochon one of these days, maybe we can get a factory tour too! ;-)

     

    Sti

     

     

    You are more than welcome to visit, I'll give you the tour myself!

     

    Good lord, what is that?

     

     

    Still better than Haggis i'm sure :P

  14. Why did you take the eye piece apart and what did you find?

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.