Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D100 - which housing?

Started by Johan ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D100 - which housing?

4 posts
  1. I've been shooting with my Olympus C5050Zoom/PT-105 housing for about 6 months but now I want to bring my Nikon D100 down. I need advice as to which housing to go with. My understanding is that there are about 10 different makes out there, but it's very hard to really learn anything from reviews if you don't already have one of them. Whether the price is 2 or 3 thousand dollars is of no consequence at this point.

     

    Also, how flexible are the housings to different lenses? Typically, you would use macro and wide-angle optics, but how do I know which of my lenses will fit in the housing?

     

    Thanks.

     

    /Johan

    Stockholm, Sweden

  2. Take a look at the Aquatica and Ikelite housings.

     

    Both are excellent products, and have a wide range of ports supporting many lenses.

     

    I think you'll find reviews of both on this site.....

     

    Ike makes a sturdy, reliable excellent product, and I loved my housing for an F80.

     

    Aquatica's housing is larger but of metal construction, and features an excellent viewfinder, Nikonos style strobe ports, a lens port bayonet system that allows the lens to be changed without opening the main housing body, and options like a built in leak detector.

     

    Sea & Sea have generally made excellent housings, but their DSLR range is a bit of a step back - large, bulky and user-unfriendly.

     

    Subal and Seacam are also popular choices, but are expensive, and have little advantage over say an Aquatica - except for the Seacam viewfinder system which is well regarded.

     

    I've not seen the Titan, but it seems to be an excellent product.

     

    Take a look at the reviews on this site by Mauricio Handler, Michael AW and Tim Rock on the Aquatica. I think there are also reviews on the Ike and Titan.

     

    Good luck

  3. Check the classified section for a great deal

     

    Karl

  4. Check out Nexus, also. It's priced in between Subal/Seacam and Aquatica and a little lower than the Titan. It is the smallest housing for the D100 and has a very nice port range.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.