Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Use macro mode with wet lens?

Started by xcetra ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Use macro mode with wet lens?

4 posts
  1. I just got a Inon 165M67 close up lens to use with my Canon G10 camera and Canon housing. I'm getting conflicting information if I should use Macro mode when I use this lens?

     

    What settings are people getting the best results from? I've been using non-macro mode, zooming in 50%, with auto focus, and manual exposure.

     

    Any tips would be helpful.

     

    Thanks

     

    jason

  2. I just got a Inon 165M67 close up lens to use with my Canon G10 camera and Canon housing. I'm getting conflicting information if I should use Macro mode when I use this lens?

     

    What settings are people getting the best results from? I've been using non-macro mode, zooming in 50%, with auto focus, and manual exposure.

     

    Any tips would be helpful.

     

    Thanks

     

    jason

    i have been using a G9 with inon UCLs for a couple of years now.

     

    I suggest using manual focus. you can set manual focus to 5-10 cm. then move the camera back and forth to find sharp focus. i would use 50-75% zoom.iso 100.

    manual exposure f5 to f8 with shutter 1/250 ish depending on strobe/subject/background.

  3. i have been using a G9 with inon UCLs for a couple of years now.

     

    I suggest using manual focus. you can set manual focus to 5-10 cm. then move the camera back and forth to find sharp focus. i would use 50-75% zoom.iso 100.

    manual exposure f5 to f8 with shutter 1/250 ish depending on strobe/subject/background.

     

     

    Thanks. I'll play around with these settings. It's good to at least get a ball park range of settings.

     

     

    Jason

  4. With a UCL-165 you probably experience some vignetting when the G10's zoom is wide open. So zoom in until the vignetting is removed and store this in the camera's custom modes (C1 / C2). Now you can freely use the camera's zoom feature u/w for compositional improvements and can easily revert to the widest by resetting the stored custom mode.

     

    Oh yes, with a UCL let the glass do the work and refrain from using the camera's macro setting.

     

    HTH, Tim

    Edited by Timmoranuk
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.