Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Interesting article on why 3d won't ever be popular by top Hollywood editor
Started by scottleslie ·
- 5Posts
- 5Replies
Read-only discussion
Interesting article on why 3d won't ever be popular by top Hollywood editor
-
-
Some rebuttals here: http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_...our-brains.html
-
And of course, a true holographic 3D system would be indistinguishable from viewing the actual objects.
-
Whenever new technology appears there is always someone willing to speak out against it.
I'm not a great fan of 3D, but I think that an attitude of rejecting new technologies in their early days is misguided. Remember how many people were willing to speak out against digital still photography underwater, when it first appeared.
Alex
-
You are so right Alex!
Reminds me of another guy (Don't remember his name...) who once upon a time said somthing like: It will never be possible to send human speach through a wire.... and if it ever will, it will be absolutely useless! Just another eksample on a statement that couldn't be more wrong....so who knows... maybe 3D has a future in a way we can't imagine!? :-)
So far, no visual effect more than 3D, has made me lost my lower jaws since I saw it for the first time, 13years ago. Hooked on 3D and putting a lot of money and time into it, I now got so many positve comments when I'm out, showing my 3D underwaterpictures for smaller audiences.... even I know it's far away from Hollywood.
The best regards from Kim! :-)
Whenever new technology appears there is always someone willing to speak out against it.I'm not a great fan of 3D, but I think that an attitude of rejecting new technologies in their early days is misguided. Remember how many people were willing to speak out against digital still photography underwater, when it first appeared.
Alex