Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

which teleconverter for tokina 10 - 17 canon 7d

Started by chriscourt ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

which teleconverter for tokina 10 - 17 canon 7d

6 posts
  1. Hi, i have a canon 7D and tokina 10 - 17 lense and would like to buy a 1.4 x teleconverter.

    Can anyone recomend a rasonable price teleconverter that will do the job ?

    I also have a 60 mm macro can one converter cover both ?

  2. I use a Kenko DG teleplus PRO300 1.4x which is the older model before the one recommended above.

     

    I also have a 60 mm macro can one converter cover both ?
    No. The female end of the teleconverter is an EF mount, the Canon 60 macro is an EF-S mount and an EF-S lens will not connect to and EF mount (However, EF lenses will happily connect to EF-S mount). If you really want to use the 60 macro with a 1.4X teleconverter you can put a short extension tube between the two. Downside is that your maximum focus distance will be reduced a lot.
  3. thanks for the info.

  4. I use a Kenko DG teleplus PRO300 1.4x which is the older model before the one recommended above.

     

    No. The female end of the teleconverter is an EF mount, the Canon 60 macro is an EF-S mount and an EF-S lens will not connect to and EF mount (However, EF lenses will happily connect to EF-S mount). If you really want to use the 60 macro with a 1.4X teleconverter you can put a short extension tube between the two. Downside is that your maximum focus distance will be reduced a lot.

    I use the Canon 12 mm extension tubeII, and it works fine. I am sure (just tested) that the 60 doesn't fit in my Kenko extension tubes.

    Bill

  5. I use the Canon 12 mm extension tubeII, and it works fine. I am sure (just tested) that the 60 doesn't fit in my Kenko extension tubes.
    That's strange. I've used a Kenko 12mm extension tube with my 60 macro and it works fine, maybe we use different models. My Kenko extension tubes are marked DG and have a white dot for aligning EF-S lenses and a red dot for aligning EF lenses when mounting the lens.
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.