Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

ZEN Glass dome on NIKON 10,5 OR Tokina 10-17mm ??

Started by maLUCo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

ZEN Glass dome on NIKON 10,5 OR Tokina 10-17mm ??

4 posts
  1. I'm looking into a glass dome . And my thoughts are going for a ZEN .

    For Nauticam mounts, there are two different Zen 100mm models, one for the Nikor 10.5 and one for the Tokina 10-17mm.

    The Nauticam 4.33" dome is acrylic. With that dome, the 10.5 is supported with no extension ring, and the 10-17 is supported with a 20mm extension.

    I'm rather not buying 2 Zen models , so the question which lens has the preference for you guy's ?

    Nikon DX AF Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED or the Tokina Fisheye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 DX zoom . By the way I have a Nauticam NA D 300S .

    With gratitude , Maluco

  2. Hi Maluco,

     

    I can only give my opinion based on using the Aqautica 100mm glass mini dome. I personally prefer using the Tokina 10-17mm behind the 100mm Aquatica dome than the Nikkor 10.5FE.

     

    Regards Mark

  3. I'm looking into a glass dome . And my thoughts are going for a ZEN .

    For Nauticam mounts, there are two different Zen 100mm models, one for the Nikor 10.5 and one for the Tokina 10-17mm.

    The Nauticam 4.33" dome is acrylic. With that dome, the 10.5 is supported with no extension ring, and the 10-17 is supported with a 20mm extension.

    I'm rather not buying 2 Zen models , so the question which lens has the preference for you guy's ?

    Nikon DX AF Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED or the Tokina Fisheye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 DX zoom . By the way I have a Nauticam NA D 300S .

    With gratitude , Maluco

     

     

    If you combine either the 4" Zen 10.5 or the Nauticam 4.33 with the 20mm extension ring you will have all bases covered.

  4. My advice is to get hold of someone at Reef photo video as they are somehow involved with Zen.

    My understanding is the one version has the extension ring already built in where as the other version you would just have to add a 20mm extension to it in order to use the Tok 10-17 but with this scenario you could use the 10.5mm as well.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.