Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Best of Halmahera and Raja Ampat Videos

Started by gracer ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Best of Halmahera and Raja Ampat Videos

5 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I've been meaning to post these clips for some time as I always enjoy watching other's videos. These videos were taken whilst on a trip onboard MV Temukira through Halmahera and Raja Ampat in November 2009 - some of the best diving I've ever had the good fortune to do. All video was filmed using a Sanyo Xacti HD2000 in an Epoque housing.

     

    Schooling Fish

     

     

    Reef Life

     

     

    Muck Diving

     

     

    Mangroves

     

     

    Night Diving

     

     

    Mantas

     

     

     

    Hope you enjoy them,

     

    Richard

  2. Hi Richard,

     

    I definitely love your videos...as I was on that trip too! :-)

     

    Hope all is well with you.

     

    Best wishes,

     

    Bartus

  3. Great videos! I enjoyed watching them. The currents look rough on the first video but I like how you show the details of the fish, cleaning & changing colors. On some of the macro shots, I wished you zoomed in closer for the details, I normally use my elbow to keep the shot steady whilst resting the camera on my palm.

  4. Thanks syam - we actually didn't get many strong currents on the trip although there were a couple of dives where the surge near the surface was quite strong. I'll have to try your tip for macro shots - I've been pretty happy with the Sanyo and Epoque setup but it is quite small and light and I have found it difficult to keep it steady when filming small subjecst.

     

    Richard

  5. Very nice white balance and lighting.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.