Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Wide angle lenses for the G10?

Started by Drone415 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide angle lenses for the G10?

4 posts
  1. Ive got a few questions about wide angle lenses for the G10...

     

    I currently have an Ikelite housing with the macro lens adapter (67mm).

    I was wondering if I bought an Inon UWL-100 would it work with this setup? (The Ikelite webpage says that wide angle lenses dont work for the G10... but other manufacturers provide wide angle lenses, so Im a little confused...)

     

    Would the uwl-100 and maybe the inon dome work together with my g10 in the ike housing?

     

    Thanks for the help!

  2. You need a 67mm thread for the ikelite, the Inon dome you suggest I assume you refer to the 165 yeah? unless its changed it needs the AD mount bayonet type fitting, push and turn instead of screw on, I think Inon do a screw on too as well as the AD mount, Epoque or Ikelites own wet "lenses" would work too, Dyron.fr may also be abe to help

    Edited by Scubysnaps
  3. I think the problem with wide angle and the g10 and ikelite is the distance from the lens to the port, when in full wide zoom position.

     

    So there is vinetting when zoomed all the way wide, and using an add on lens. So you have to zoom in a bit, which makes it not any wider.

     

    It looks like you can get the ikelite dome for the g10, which will give you 25% wider than a flat port..

     

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/wd4dome.html

  4. I think the problem with wide angle and the g10 and ikelite is the distance from the lens to the port, when in full wide zoom position.

     

    So there is vinetting when zoomed all the way wide, and using an add on lens. So you have to zoom in a bit, which makes it not any wider.

     

    It looks like you can get the ikelite dome for the g10, which will give you 25% wider than a flat port..

     

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/wd4dome.html

     

    Ahhh ok... Is there anyone else out there that can verify this for sure?

     

    I thought maybe the port for the ike is the same length as most other ports for the G10?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.