Hey everyone. After having just received my Nauticam D7000 housing, I thought I'd put it through its paces and shoot some underwater video. Though I am more of a photographer dabbling in video than a true videographer, I do think the D7000 does an excellent job of providing everything a wide range of video shooting options from fully-automatic to fully manual (and everything in between). While certain functions such as white balance are a bit unintuitive, the ability to control exposure, iso, and aperture on a DX chip is a powerful combination indeed.
This example video was taken in Lake Washington, just a few minutes from Seattle. We recently discovered this 65ft tugboat, the Louie, in shallow water after having sank under suspicious circumstances over 35 years ago. Visibility on this dive was approx. 10 feet, and the majority of the footage was taken with only ambient lighting (some shots were lit with a wholly inadequate 10w HID -- video lights are next on the list
). While I am still learning the intricacies of shooting this camera and video in general, I was relatively pleased with the results:
[vimeohd]19648404[/vimeohd]