Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

'Emailing a jpeg' oddness

Started by Will_Clark ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

'Emailing a jpeg' oddness

2 posts
  1. I just sent a jpeg to someone via email at a requested size, dpi etc as a jpeg. I use Apple's Mail as my email client.

     

    They replied that it had arrived as "as a bit map".

     

    I forwarded it to myself as a test and it arrived as a jpeg. Just to force the matter I zipped it before sending it to them again.

     

    Any ideas what was going on here? I've no idea what platform etc the recipient is using.

  2. Depends on what email client and OS they're using and how exactly they tried to save the attachment.

     

    E.g., if they're using web-based email with Internet Explorer, then if they opened the JPEG within IE and then right-clicked to Save As, IE allows the user to change the file type to BMP and save it as a bitmap file. I.e. PEBCAK...

     

    jon

    Edited by jonhanson
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.