Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help: Ikelitte Dual Strobe OverExposed

Started by marcw ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Help: Ikelitte Dual Strobe OverExposed

5 posts
  1. Today I am in Curacao diving with ikelite ds125, ds51 and canon G10 using optical controllers. No matter what i do most pictures are over exposed. I fiddled around with all the settings. Does anyone have recommendations on a basic settings config to stop the over exposure. This is the first year with the 125. last few years i only used the ds51. Always had very nice pictures with one strobe.

     

    After my dive today my last thought was the 2 strobes are doubling the light at the center of the photo giving 2x the light to the spot metering. I was thinking of lowering the exposure, i will try this tomorrow unless someone gives me the magic bullet tonight to solve this issue.

     

    Any one with a clue or some settings i should try.

     

    I tried changing with all the combinations below:

    - the f stop, the higher i go the better, but i max out with f8 on the g10

    - changing iso 80-200 - nothing good.

    - speed

    - p,tv,av,m mode, tried them all.

    -dialed down the strobes to the lowest setting, on day dives still washed out, even at depth. A twilight dive tonight, gave ok results(most dives are not twilight, so please help)

     

    I did not play with exposure dial, that will be tomorrow.

     

    Can someone help!!!????

  2. Try Manual mode F8 speed 250 and ISO 80 set the strobes down to the lowest manual setting possiable. Use strobe diffusers and pull the strobes out and away from the subject under water only.

     

    You can also practice on land.

  3. Thanks for the help. all issues solved. just needed a few more dives to get things nice with the help of all of you.

  4. Are you using an Ike housing with TTL? There is a switch that determines whether you are using a DS 51 or a DS 125. I wonder if you use the smaller setting if that would cause over exposure.

     

    Ooops. I reread your post and see that you are using controllers. Sorry.

    Edited by AllisonFinch
  5. Are you using an Ike housing with TTL? There is a switch that determines whether you are using a DS 51 or a DS 125. I wonder if you use the smaller setting if that would cause over exposure.

     

    Ooops. I reread your post and see that you are using controllers. Sorry.

     

    no problem, most of the issue was the strobes where to close together.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.