Great NEWS Pentax Fans.. Just got an E-mail from the great guys from Reef Photo & Video... Recsea / seatool are working on a PENTAX K-5 Housing for release this March... NOW sit down after that excitement! Price will be target around $3400 USD.. But I have seen a Recsea / Seatool Housing in action, they are one of the best Quality Housing I have seen (bomb proof).. Like the KX / KM housing they make, it will allow for the pop up flash to be used for optical triggering strobes like the Inon Z-240. All the Ports made for the KX housing will work. With lens options being DA 10-17mm Fisheye, DA 18-55mm, DFA 50mm Macro and DFA 100mm macro. If you have the dollars you can have a top notch Professional Underwater Housing for PENTAX
With the Diveross housing the budget option for the K-5.. Ikelite have only indicated that they are considering a housing for the K-5, but are not currently working on one.. Investing in Recsea Ports seems wise as they are the only ones with custom made housing for Pentax DSLR's ATM... KM \ KX and with the soon to Market K-7 \ K-5 housing..
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
PENTAX K-5
-
-
The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.
-
The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.
Got the price wrong $3200 usd.. Well I guess just to except to pay over 3 k for it..
-
I will hopefully find the time before the end of the week to post an update regarding my Recsea/Seatool experience, but I would defiantely think long and hard before even adding a Seatool product to any short list of mine!!!
-
Hello,
so what is your Recsea/Seatool experience ??? I am very interested to have some reports from those housings.
Hervé
-
My friend has purchased the Pentax K-5 and I was just playing with his camera found the images just a bit too soft for me. Since image quality is the thing I was looking for I went with Pentax . Along with best image quality some of the best point are ability to shoot HD video and also has excellent macro mode.
The Pentax K-5 is built for speed, efficiency and versatility. It has The image stabilization system, shake reduction has a potency 2.5-4 LW . The stabilizer is built into the body and therefore works with all lenses; the result of translational and rotational camera shake corrected.The weight is without battery and memory card 660 g, 740 g. The operational dimensions of the camera are 131 x 97 x 73 mm (W x H x D). The already available as accessory for K-7 battery pack fits also available at the K-5 and In video mode, the format Full HD 1920×1080 at 25 fps at 1280×720 modes added 30/25 fps and 640×480 25/30 fps, is stored in AVI format.
The Pentax K-5 benefits from the system sensor shift stabilization that reduces the risk of blurry photos. This type of stabilization makes all PENTAX lenses stabilized even the oldest.
-
Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.
It can be found here:
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry276294
-
Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.
It can be found here:
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry276294
http://seatool.net/list/K5-7.html
Lets hope someone will get to review this...
Now we get to see how this little Pentax can handle the pressure
