Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite - S95 - wide angle ?

Started by merlinus3000 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite - S95 - wide angle ?

11 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    A friend has a Canon S95 with its Ikelite housing. He is looking for a wide angle.

     

    Which one would you recommend? FIX - UWL-04, Inon - UWL-100 + Dome Kit or an other option?

     

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Hi,

     

    A friend has a Canon S95 with its Ikelite housing. He is looking for a wide angle.

     

    Which one would you recommend? FIX - UWL-04, Inon - UWL-100 + Dome Kit or an other option?

     

    Thanks for your help.

     

     

    I believe the UWL-100 is the one that most are using.

  3. Fix UWL-04, even after zooming to knock out vignetting, is the widest we have tested. None of the older "built for 35" lenses have wide enough fov in my opinion to justify the cost of purchasing them new.

     

    We have not tested Inon UWL-H100 + Dome Port due to lack of an adapter.

  4. Fix UWL-04, even after zooming to knock out vignetting, is the widest we have tested.

     

    I had the chance to do a dive with this lens on the Canon S95 back in January in Grand Cayman and was very impressed with it (although camera hadn't been charged so ran out of batteries on me half way through the dive!). It was cloudy - so I thought I'd try it instead of taking my DSLR.

     

    Here are a selection of some of my favourite wide angles from that dive, just a screen grabs from Lightroom (note all taken on the same dive, my first and only dive with that camera). All taken with S95 in FIX housing with FIX wide angle lens:

     

    post-713-1298996058.jpg

     

    Alex

  5. I'm very happy to see the wonderfull pics taken with the S 95 and the Uwl 04 by Alex .

    I own the S 90 with The Uwl 04 , but in a fix housing , so I can use the uwl 04 with the widest angle ( 28 mm ) of the S 90.

    It's really atonishing to get such a wide view ..

    I did take also some pictures in Egypt , of course they are fare away of the quality of what did Alex , but it can give you an idea , here it is :

     

    5453121345_5a58fe08f7_z.jpg

    5410197146_d978a6fd0d_z.jpg

    5409836365_c2bc1c4a73_z.jpg

  6. I'm very happy to see the wonderfull pics taken with the S 95 and the Uwl 04 by Alex .

    I own the S 90 with The Uwl 04 , but in a fix housing , so I can use the uwl 04 with the widest angle ( 28 mm ) of the S 90.

    It's really atonishing to get such a wide view ..

    I did take also some pictures in Egypt , of course they are fare away of the quality of what did Alex , but it can give you an idea , here it is :

     

    Those are great - particularly the first one.

     

    Alex

  7. I had the chance to do a dive with this lens on the Canon S95 back in January in Grand Cayman and was very impressed with it (although camera hadn't been charged so ran out of batteries on me half way through the dive!). It was cloudy - so I thought I'd try it instead of taking my DSLR.

     

    Here are a selection of some of my favourite wide angles from that dive, just a screen grabs from Lightroom (note all taken on the same dive, my first and only dive with that camera). All taken with S95 in FIX housing with FIX wide angle lens:

     

    Alex

    I had the INON WAL 100 Type 2 already and have been wondering about adding the INON dome Unit II to it or going with Fix UWL-04 for my FIX + S90 system. I am looking for good CFWA system.

    Edited by leepix
  8. I had the INON WAL 100 Type 2 already and have been wondering about adding the INON dome Unit II to it or going with Fix UWL-04 for my FIX + S90 system. I am looking for good CFWA system.

     

    I covered that here for the most part.

     

    http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/forum/vi...?f=22&t=264

     

    Just a few shots, before I broke my leg and had to cancel most of my diving for 2010.

     

    IMG_0694_edited-1.jpg

     

    IMG_0737_edited-1.jpg

     

    IMG_0032-1_edited-1.jpg

     

    IMG_0506.jpg

     

    IMG_0480_edited-1.jpg

     

    James

    Edited by crawdad
  9. I have a S95 with Ikelite housing and a UWL 04, I think it works well.

    post-33816-1301318521.jpg

    post-33816-1301318584.jpg

  10. It looks like I see significant vignetting on that UWL-04 on the Ike, you are loosing a good bit of field by having to zoom in with that lens, still useful but the vignetting is a bummer.

     

    JR

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.