I have a trip coming up in a couple of months to Lankayan off the coast of Malaysia, going to be mostly small stuff, but some large as well. Later in the year, I hope to get out to the Maldives, which will be more WA than Macro.
I currently have an Ikelite 40D housing and a pair of DS125 strobes, but it has been a while since I last dived and in the mean time my 40D has bitten the dust. I am keen photographer, above or below water, and already have a 5D2 and 7D, plus a decent range of lenses, 10-22, 17-40, 60, 100, being the ones I have used underwater.
I plan to stick with Ikelite as (other than the weight on the plane) am happy with the function and the TTL capability.
My dilemma is that I am struggling to decide whether to go with the 7D or 5D2 - the housings are roughly the same price and I have lenses that will work well with both, together with the requisite ports. I could get a 2nd hand 40D, but want to upgrade now, and for a change have the cash to do so.
My question to the forum, is what you would advise and with whichever system, what would be the best lens selection? I have budget to add to the lenses if needed.
Many thanks for any feedback.
Shaun