Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cheap focus rings....

Started by Captain_Caveman ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Cheap focus rings....

3 posts
  1. These look great, just wondering if anyone's tried them in a housing?

     

     

    [vimeohd]19679289[/vimeohd]

  2. They are a nice idea. I wonder how well they'd mesh wit the gearing of the housing. Also the thickness would need serious adapting.

     

    The website seems to be a stock photo house.

     

    Jack

  3. They are a nice idea. I wonder how well they'd mesh wit the gearing of the housing. Also the thickness would need serious adapting.

     

    The website seems to be a stock photo house.

     

    Jack

     

     

    Website is http://www.halfinchrails.com/hir/hir.asp?PID=96

     

     

    They make HDSLR solutions.

     

    I guess if you used enough 'padding' you can cover the distance, the real question is as you say, if they will mesh in with the housing wheel.

     

    I'm in Mexico so ordering just to try it out isn't that easy, if anyone else tries it I'd be very very interested to hear their views :)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.