Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon Lens question

Started by saudio ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon Lens question

1 posts
  1. When I gave my daughter my Canon XTi, along with it went one of my favorite underwater lenses, the Canon 18-55 "kit" lens that came with the camera. When I replaced it with a new Canon 18-55 for myself, the new lens came with Image Stabilization.

     

    Does IS help any with underwater photography? Or should I just turn it off unless I'm doing topside shooting? Seems to me the type of shaking the IS is good for would be prevented by the viscosity of the water.

     

    Thanks

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.