I photographed this organism on Saturday on the backside of Anacapa Island at the Sea Lion Colony in about 25 feet of water. It was attached to a rock and was about 5 inches by 2 inches. It appears to have grooves that were filled with fine sand. Another diver says he saw the same organism at Point Dume on the same day. Anyone have an idea what it is?
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
Yellow Sponge or Egg Mass?
-
-
Look like nudibranch eggs to me.
Alex
-
Alex hit it as usual. Those fine round dots in rows are eggs. Did you see any nudis in the area?
-
Look like nudibranch eggs to me.
Alex
Someone on Scubaboard sent me this link. http://www.seaslugforum.net/find/20479. Apparently, they could be Peltodoris nobilis egg masses. I didn't see any of those on my dive there, but it would have been nice to get a picture like the one on the Sea Slug Forum to remove all doubt. Thanks, guys. I appreciate your help.