Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Naked neck crab?

Started by dspphoto ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Naked neck crab?

6 posts
  1. Hi friends.

     

    Just looking through some old shots and came across this. Is it just a really unadorned neck crab or something else? I don't think I've ever seen one so naked before!

     

    20100701_0004.jpg

     

    Cheers,

     

    Dano

  2. It is an undescribed Ocinopus sp. They usually have bits of sponge on them. Whether it ends up being entirely covered with sponge (as other Ocinopus sp. do) is near impossible to tell....

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Marli,

    While you're at it.....is this a neck crab? I shot it in Belize years ago and don't have a clue.

     

    awebbelize07104.jpg

  4. Thanks so much Marli!

  5. Hi Alison,

    Looks like a Podechela species with a nose job. ;)

    No clue. I am very rusty with Caribbean stuff.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  6. Thanks!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.