Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

infringement judgement

Started by dspphoto ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

infringement judgement

3 posts
  1. An interesting story making the rounds of the blogoshphere today regarding a copywriting company that settled a photo infringement case for $4000. Worth reading.

     

    John Harrington runs it down here:

     

    http://photobusinessforum.blogspot.com/201...r-possible.html

     

    and the original post (with lengthy comments) is here:

     

    http://blog.webcopyplus.com/2011/02/14/leg...0-for-10-photo/

     

    I think that the more of these stories get out there, the more likely it is that people will buy photos instead of stealing them.

     

    Enjoy.

     

    -dano

  2. An interesting story making the rounds............

     

    http://blog.webcopyplus.com/2011/02/14/leg...0-for-10-photo/

     

    I think that the more of these stories get out there, the more likely it is that people will buy photos instead of stealing them.

     

    -dano

     

    I saw the post. It put a wry smile on my face. Like you Dano, I hope others will hesitate with the Copy/Paste action........

     

    There is a website owner in New Zealand who thinks paying for content is not really for them........distance is no object when your professional body has a reciprocal agreement with a trade union in the infringers territory......the more who get caught and compelled to pay, the more will hesitate to infringe.

  3. I've been pretty lucky in my career in action sports but it seems the underwater world is more prone to unscrupulous consumers of photography. I hope that at some point I'll be selling underwater photos and that by then the trend turns towards people paying for what they use. Spreading stories like this around certainly can't hurt.

     

    d.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.