Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

advice for desperate newbie

Started by mat ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

advice for desperate newbie

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Anyone have a recommendation on a housing for the Canon G12 with fish eye lens ?

     

    In fact any tips on housing and lens would be appreciated as I'm trying to decide what camera to buy with my very small budget. It would predominately be for free-diving and Surf. Is there anyone who has heard of a surf housing for the G12?

     

    I'd be eternally grateful for any tips, I'm a total newbie and my head is melting with all the different specifications.

     

    Cheers

     

    Matt

  2. How big of a very small budget? If less than $1000, you might consider a used G9 and used housing.

    Canon housings are the lowest cost but limit wide angle options. Other housings have more options and cost over $1000 for just the housing - when new.

     

    You might do some searching on this site. There are lots of threads regarding G12's and G9's and similar cameras - and their respective housings.

  3. cheap and fisheye dome port don't go together for this cam.

     

    You can get an ikelite housing very reasonable, and a correcting dome which provides the regular 28mm field of view.

     

    From there is gets more expensive. A fix housing and their fisheye conversion lens is over $1500 total.

  4. Hi,

     

    I'm trying to decide on a similar budget ($1000-).

    I came across another interesting alternative which is the P7000 + FP7000.

    There are deals on ebay for this combination for about $850 (buy it now).

    The P7000 case seems to be better comparing to the canon ones (double o-ring, deeper 60m rating, fiber optic for external lights and more).

    Problem is that I didn't find a single user report on this unit.

     

    Hope this helps,

    Meni.

     

     

    Hi all,

     

    Anyone have a recommendation on a housing for the Canon G12 with fish eye lens ?

     

    In fact any tips on housing and lens would be appreciated as I'm trying to decide what camera to buy with my very small budget. It would predominately be for free-diving and Surf. Is there anyone who has heard of a surf housing for the G12?

     

    I'd be eternally grateful for any tips, I'm a total newbie and my head is melting with all the different specifications.

     

    Cheers

     

    Matt

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.