Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal DP-SWB dome port

Started by Jimdyer ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal DP-SWB dome port

4 posts
  1. Does anyone use this port for a canon 10-22?

  2. Does anyone use this port for a canon 10-22?

     

    I haven't personally, for rectilinear zooms one is really better served by a larger dome in order to maintain corner sharpness. But according to Subal, it is possible to shoot with this dome using the combination of a 33mm extension and +4 dioptre.

     

    Best,

     

    Sterling

  3. Hi Sterling,

     

    I did see that on the Subal site - just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is half the price and would be better for travel. I will probably go with the Canon 10-22 or Tokina 10-17 and 8" dome.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Jim

     

     

     

    I haven't personally, for rectilinear zooms one is really better served by a larger dome in order to maintain corner sharpness. But according to Subal, it is possible to shoot with this dome using the combination of a 33mm extension and +4 dioptre.

     

    Best,

     

    Sterling

  4. Hi Sterling,

     

    I did see that on the Subal site - just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is half the price and would be better for travel. I will probably go with the Canon 10-22 or Tokina 10-17 and 8" dome.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Jim

     

    I think that's a good choice - the 8 inch dome will definitely yield better results, especially with the 10-22. It's still pretty compact, all things considered.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.