These tube blennies are common in La Paz, Mexico. I just can't find them in my book. Can anyone help.
I have been back and forth and I cannot find any of the tube blennies (including the common Caribbean species) in the Kuiter/Debelius World Atlas of Marine Fishes. Can someone point me to the page number?
Alex
Nice blenny !
Ben ( The blenny Man ) for sure can help you . He post sometimes here under Wangzou or something like that .
Humann/Deloach has it as a nuptial male Browncheek Blenny
Fantastic image as usual, and yes, A. crockeri! What camera/lens? The cirri on the head are sooooo sharp!
sorry I am late on that Acanthemblemaria crockeri ID for Baja. Incidentally, from research out of Scripps, it looks like there are some cryptic species (very similar looking species of different genetic lineages) within that species in Baja- there are some with orange spots along the side and some with brown spots. Perhaps accounts for some of the variation in appearance of those guys.
www.coralreeffish.com
Thanks guys.
Taken with 105m VR + 1.7x AFS teleconverter on D700. Subal housing, 2 x Inon Z240 strobes without diffusers.