Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Siezed port on Ike CP 5000 housing

Started by CeeDave ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Siezed port on Ike CP 5000 housing

3 posts
  1. I have a brand new Ike CP 5000 hsg, which I intend to take diving next week. I have checked it out in the water, with the strobe, and all seemed fine. Then I tried to remove the flat port to replace it with the WA dome. I cannot remove the flat port. I have soaked the hsg in warm soapy water, and still no luck.

     

    Any suggestions? Safe lubricants? Alternate tools to the bendy little wire port-changing tool supplied with the housing?

     

    I also e-mailed Ikelite and will call them on Monday -- but I leave on Tuesday and would love to resolve this before then!

     

    Thanks!

  2. Sears "strap wrench" like advertised on television, filter wrench like used to remove oil filters, or someone with very strong hands should be able to remove the port. This is an example of "O" ring break-out friction making you think the port is glued in place............

  3. One trip to Wal-Mart and a $3.73 filter wrench later, all is well. An UW photographer's kit can become rather esoteric...

     

    Thanks!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.