I'm a once-a-year snorkeler looking to go digital cheap, and have narrowed my choices to either the Olympus C3030\PT-010 combo, or the newer C5050\PT015. A little shopping on eBay tells me that I can pick up "like new" C3030's for about $200, plus maybe $100 bucks or so for the housing -- $300-$350 total. On the other hand, a new C5050 plus PT-015 runs about $700 total at B&H Photo. I have a Canon EOS 10D for "on-shore" pictures, so the housed camera really won't be used for anything else.
Bottom line: I'm inclined to go for the C3030, since it is obviously capable of very nice results, and really, the picutures taken while snorkeling aren't going to justify buying nice equipment anyway.
My question is this: Are there any really, really irritating quirks, etc of the C3030 that would make the money spent on the C5050 worthwhile? In particular, I'm thinking of things like the slow shutter response which has supposedly been improved on the new cameras. How about the PT-010? Is the PT-015 superior in any way? ![]()