Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal C10 camera upgrades

Started by seacuke ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal C10 camera upgrades

2 posts
  1. Hey y'all,

     

    I just purchased a Subal C10 housing with a Canon 10d body included. As the 10d is getting a little long in the tooth (but is still a huge upgrade for me), I'm wondering about anything people have done in the spirit of housing conversions for more modern Canon bodies. I've seen the wonderful article about the 5d conversion by Scubastu, but I'm sort of setting my sights lower for now. I'd just like -any- Canon body that can handle an EF-S lens instead of just the EF lenses; I'm a rote amateur and not sure I can justify the expense of a 5d body.

     

    So anyways, has anyone had any luck with conversions for other bodies in the C10 housing?

     

    Thanks!

    -brian

  2. Hi Brian

     

    Scubastu here (changed my login name), the C10 can also support the 40D/50D somewhat. You still need to mod the housing's base tray and likely still need to pull the mode dial control. Of course the bottom mounted control buttons of the 40/50D won't work as the 10D had left side buttons. But, given the large CF Card sizes, the small-ish file sizes of the 10D, assigning playback to to the SET button, you can make Manual Mode work.

     

    I have a spare 10D base tray that's been dremeled out to fit the 40D that I can sell you if you want. It might need a bit more final fitting but it should work.

     

    PM me for more info if you'd like

     

    Stu

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.